The Classic Bake & Smoked Herring Choka
Smoked herring choka is a Guyanese delicacy. The taste is very distinct. The dish goes well when paired with bakes (floats) or with dhal and rice.
- 2 smoked herrings
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 small wiri wiri peppers
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or virgin coconut oil
- Boil the smoke herring until soft. Strain, clean and debone.
- In a separate bowl, chop the tomatoes, peppers and onions.
- Break the smoke herring into flakes and add to the tomatoes and onion. Add the 1 tbsp. of oil and mix well.